The JNE Group of Companies is committed to preventing, identifying and removing barriers that impede the ability of people with disabilities from receiving access to our business services, employment, communication and information in compliance to the Accessibility For Ontarians With Disabilities Act (AODA) and Regulation 429. The JNE Group of Companies Accessibility Policy, Emergency Response Policy, Statement of Commitment, and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan are available to any interested parties upon request.
Disability: Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality forgoing, include diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, brain injury, any degree of amputation, lack of physical coordination, blindness or visual impediment, physical reliance on a service animal, wheelchair or other appliance or device. A condition of mental impairment or developmental disability. A learning disability or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language. A mental disorder. An injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board plan. Includes disabilities of different severity, visible as well as non-visible, including effects which may be permanent, temporary or transient in nature.
Service Animals: Any animal including dogs, which have specifically been trained for the purpose of being an assistance device to a person with a disability.
Support Person: Any person who accompanies a person with a disability, in order to help with various barriers (example: communication barriers, physical barriers), medical needs or with access to goods or services. Support Persons may be trained Personal Support Workers, family members, friends or any other individual acting in that role.
JNE will ensure that we take steps to identify and remove barriers to access for people with disabilities by:
- Encouraging people with disabilities to use their personal assistive devices, support animals and/or support persons.
- Enabling people with disabilities to access our services by offering assistive devices.
- Communicating with people in a manner which takes into account their disability.
- Allowing people with disabilities to bring their service animals or support person into our work environments.
- By requiring people with disabilities to utilize assisted devices where access to our work areas may pose a health and safety risk to themselves or others, while in these areas.
- By providing accessibility training to JNE staff who may serve the public and those involved in policy formation.
- By providing notice where services or facility interruptions may effect people with disabilities.
- Establishing a feedback process whereby anyone may comment on JNE’s ability to provide access to our business services in relation to people with disabilities.
- By providing people with disabilities access to our business services which is dignified, independent, integrated and as equal to standard service as possible.
- By providing a copy of this policy upon request.
JNE may experience occasional disruptions whereby we are unable to offer assess to our business services to people with disabilities. In such cases, JNE will provide reasonable notice regarding the disruption as soon as possible, the nature of the issue, the estimated duration of the disruption, alternative service options where available, contact information, and the efforts being taken to restore access.
Written notice may be placed in one or more of the following locations: our public areas (i.e. front doors, lobby areas), common areas (i.e. lunchrooms), our public web site. Our property manager may be contacted where the service interruption is due to a physical barrier, corrective measures will be implemented. Notices will be removed once the issue has been resolved.
JNE welcomes feedback in respect to this policy. We consider resolution of concerns and customer feedback important in our efforts for continuous improvement. JNE will provide a mechanism for feedback in the following ways:
- Publicizing our contact information in public locations such as our company website.
- Forwarding any concerns (verbal, written or any other format) to our Human Resources Manager in a prompt and timely manner. Accepting feedback in all formats which take into account the needs of people with disabilities.
- Receipt of the feedback will be acknowledged by the Manager of Human Resources in a way which takes into account the way the person with disabilities needs to receive the acknowledgment.
- All feedback will be reviewed, discussed, and any corrective actions available will be considered.
- Follow up with the individual providing the feed back with regards to the discussions and any resulting corrective actions.
JNE will ensure that individuals on our staff who deal with members of the public or other third parties on behalf of the provider or who participate in the development of the policy, practice and procedures, will receive on going training. Training will include:
- Information on the AODA.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Information about assisted devices, service animals and service people.
- How to use JNE assisted devices equipment (if applicable).
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing JNE’s business services.
Training records will be kept in the JNE electronic training log, which is available to all managers on the Common (H:) drive. Training content will be publicized on the JNE intranet. This training will be available to anyone party who requests it.
JNE will also ensure that all staff, contractors and new employees will receive training in AODA requirements through accessforward.ca. The JNE policy, action plan and statement of commitment will be posted in a central and visible location for JNE staff to access.
2012: Policy and action plan created and posted publicly. Emergency response plan incorporated accessibility requirements.
2013: Statement of commitment created and posted publicly. Self-serve kiosk via JNE Intranet access available. Current web sites reviewed for WCAG 2.0 Level A compliance, web site upgrades will include WCAG considerations. Education of web designers in WCAG requirements completed. Created a feedback mechanism, contained within policy and made available to public through web site.
2014: Training of key individuals providing customer service to the public completed. Training presentation made available via company intranet. Training records retained on file. AODA injected into new employee orientation package.
2015: Reviewed recruiting procedures, ensured compliance to AODA. All employee general training requirement communicated, provided link to web based training material through accessforward.ca. Training requirement communicated to new employees through New Employee Orientation Package.
2020: All internal and external web content will be in compliance with WCAG standards.
Rev. #2 – 9/21/15.
The JNE Group of Companies respects the privacy of our clients. We protect any personal information that we may acquire and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting privacy.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
To improve customer services (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
Note: You can contact us through the information on the “Contact” page of our website.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Using this website constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions (Collectively, these “Terms”). If you do not accept these Terms, you are not authorized to access and/or use this website. If there are any questions regarding these policies, terms, and conditions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.